Arts and Memory
Programs for indivduals living with memory loss
EXPLORE & DISCOVER
Art can be one of the most powerful tools for connecting with people who have dementia and for improving the way we interact with and care for them. We know that medications can't stop the disease's inexorable damage to the mind, but a musical walk down memory lane, a clown class, storytelling session, art project, or museum tour, can do more than offer pleasant diversion, they can improve a number of symptoms as well.
Creative expression is both healing and whole-making. At ESTA our professional artists embrace the wholeness that is inherent in each person, regardless of a diagnosis. We believe that access to creative expression is essential to our human experience and is not lost in persons living with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
For more information about Arts & Memory
Call our Program Director at 718.398.3870 x 302 or send us an email!
- Available to ALL community-based organizations that work with older adults who are experiencing memory loss
- Older Adults 55 and up!
- Led by Professional Artists specifically trained to work with people living with memory loss
- 10 to 20-week residencies
- Theater, improv/clowning, collage making, and storytelling
- All programs begin with a planning meeting for administrators
- All programs end with a culminating event celebrating the group's work